Ankita Lokhande was born in Indore on December 19, 1985, as Tanuja Lokhande. She is an Indian actress who primarily works in Hindi films and TV. She began her career with an outstanding performance in “Pavitra Rishta”, a TV series that aired from 2009-2014.
Ankita Lokhande is widely recognized as the most well-paid TV actor in India. She has won accolades including three Gold Awards and one Indian Television Academy Award.
In 2019, Lokhande, who made the transition from TV to film with Kangana Rahnaut in “Manikarnika The Queen Of Jhansi,” played a major role. She was nominated for the Zee Cine Award, Best Female Debut for her debut. Her journey as a film actress continued with “Baaghi 3”, a 2020 release.
Ankita Lohande has been actively competing in the “Bigg Boss 17” reality TV series since October 2023.
Ankita’s childhood can be traced back to the birth of her parents Shashikant and Vandana, both Marathi. Vandana was a school teacher. She is the sister of Jyoti and has two brothers named Sooraj, Arun. In 2005, after completing her studies in Mumbai, she moved there to pursue an acting career. She was also a champion badminton player in her early years.
The career of Lokhande began in 2007 with the victory at “India’s best Cinestars Ki Khoj”. She then landed the role as Archana Dehmukh, the leading character in the daily soap “Pavitra Ristta.” The series that she starred in, alongside Hiten Tejwani and Sushant Rajput, was a huge success and lasted from 2009 until 2014. The series continued to run from 2009 until 2014, and she played the role of Ankita Karamarkar alongside Karan Veer Morea.
Lokhande has also appeared in several reality TV shows, including “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4” and “Comedy Circus Ka Naya Dar.” Also, she appeared in the film “Ek Thhi Naayka”, opposite Sachin Shriroff.
After a short hiatus and separation from Sushant Rajput, Lokhande was rumored to be making her debut in Sanjay Bhansali’s “Padmaavat” (2018). She decided not to take part in the film, saying she was unprepared at that time.
Malik has denied the rumors that Sanjay dutt and she were cast together in Girish Malik’s “Torbaaz”.
Lokhande made her official film debut in 2018, playing Jhalkaribai, a historical drama by Krish Ranaut and Kangana. Her first film commercial success was the theatrical release of “Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi” on Republic Day of 2019. Her portrayal of Jhalkaribai left a lasting impression on her audience.
Lokhande will appear in Sajid Nadiadwala’s “Baaghi 3” (the third installment of Sajid’s trilogy “Baaghi”), along with Tiger Shroff and Riteish Dehmukh, on the big screen. She played Kapoor’s older sister, married to Deshmukh’s character, despite the COVID-19 epidemic affecting the box office.
Ankita Lohande played Archana Dehmukh alongside Shaheer Heikh in “Pavitra Rishta : it’s never too Late” from 2021 until 2022. She won “Smart Jodi”, a StarPlus program, in February 2022 with Vicky Jain, her husband.
She received praise for the compelling performance she gave in 2023 as a woman who was going through divorce.
Ankita’s private life has also attracted significant media coverage. The two began dating in 2010, when she co-starred in Pavitra Rishta with Sushant Rajput. Rajput proposed to her during the fourth season of the dance reality series “Jhalak Dikhlaja.” The couple split in 2016 after Lokhande stated that Rajput wanted more time to concentrate on his career.
The couple got married in Mumbai on 14 December 2021.
Ankita Lohande is one of India’s highest-paid and most popular television actresses. She was ranked in Rediff.com’s “Top 10 Television Actresses” list for 2014.
Award and Honours
- The 3rd Boroplus Gold Award was given for the debut of a female lead role in 2010.
- Indian Television Academy Award for GR8 Face of the Year (2010) Female
- The 4th Boroplus Gold Award was given to the best actress in a lead role for 2011.
- Star Guild Award: Best Actress for a Drama Series in 2011
- Indian Telly Award Television Personality Of The Year 2012
- 5th Boroplus Award Gold for the Best Actress In A Lead Role in 2012
- Star Guild Award: Best Actress for a Drama Series in 2014
- Casting of the character ‘Archana manav deshmukh in the TV series “Pavitra Rishta”
- Personal Life: Date Of Birth: December 19, 1984 Birthplace: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Indian Nationality
- Hometown: Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh (India)
- Her schooling was completed in Indore. She also graduated from Indore. Education Qualification: Graduate
- Religion: Hinduism
- Food Habit: Non-Vegetarian
- Shop, listen to soft music, dance, swim, play Badminton
- Relationships: Status of Married:
- Sushant Rajput (ex-boyfriend and actor)
- Vicky Jain (Businessman) Marriage Date: December 15, 2021
Family: Spouse: Vicky Jain Parents:
- Father: Shashikant Lokhande (Banker).
- Brother: Sooraj Lokhande (Younger)
- Sister: Jyoti Lokhande (Younger)
Favorites: Food: Bhindi, Dal Fry, Butter Chicken Actors: Paul Walker, Simon Helbert Actress: Madhuri Dixit Restaurant: Urban Tadka in Mumbai Color: White Destination: Ladakh
Personal Belongings / Assets: Cars Collection: Porsche, Mercedes Benz V
Salary: Rs. ): Rs. 1 lakh per episode